Wordle is a free game for PocketPC which is similar to Boggle. It has a built-in dictionary, allowing only real words to be entered. It also tracks your best boggle games!
Wordle is a game for PocketPC similar to Boggle. In Wordle,
you find words in a grid of letters. Wordle is still under development. Let me know if you fid any problems/bugs, or have suggestions!
Also available for Windows PCs
Wordle is free. You may redistribute it provided you distribute the
complete distribution, including documentation, without any
modifications. Wordle comes without warranty of any kind.
- Wordle0.95.zip (~850KB) The slow speed of the earlier version has been eliminated. Loading the dictionary is now instantaneous and game creation is noticably faster. Wordle still requires the .NET framework; see below.
- Wordle0.9.zip (~271KB) This is the latest test version. It's pretty bug free. Starting the program is a bit slow still, but game generation is very fast. Give it a try! It requires the .NET compact framework The .NET runtime is available
from here. It's free, easy,
and will allow you to run all kinds of new software.)
- How do I install it?
- Download the .zip file above to your PC. Unzip it and then copy the .CAB file inside onto your PocketPC. Then, on your PocketPC, run File Explorer and click on the .CAB file. Wordle will then be installed.
- It takes a long time to start!
- Upgrade to version 0.95 or newer.
- It doesn't work!
- Make sure you have the compact framework installed. It won't run without it. I've also gotten reports that Wordle requires PocketPC 2002; earlier versions may not work. I have not tested it on PocketPC 2003 devices.
Everything you see here is (C) 2003 by Edwin Olson, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please feel free to link, but don't copy my content.
Last modified: May 03 2006 20:23:19.